Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Countdown: 241 Days

I've been reluctant to share details about the wedding here.  I didn't want to ruin the surprise I guess.  But I've been thinking about it.  First, the 5 or so people who read this blog already see the details anyhow.  Second, I've learned that planning is a big part of the whole wedding experience.  And lastly, it's kind of fun to watch the details as they come together.  

So I'll be sharing more about the wedding here.  But that doesn't mean there won't still be some surprises!

Today I'm revealing my most recent little detail with which I've fallen in love.  A cake topper!  We weren't even going to have a topper, and I'm not normally into such whimsical things, but these charming love birds stole my heart.  Joseph and I often say to each other "If you're a bird, I'm a bird" (yes, the cheesy quote from The Notebook...), so these little birdies had extra meaning for us.  And when it comes to wedding stuff, the more personal it is, the better.

They are from the Esty seller RedLightStudio, and will be custom-made to match our colors.  They will also be inscribed somewhere with "If you're a bird" on one and "then I'm a bird" on the other.  Aren't they just too sweet?

                                             (Copyright 2009 Vanessa Preziose) 

2 comments:

The Gargoyle Times said...

oh my gosh, those are so cute. will they be in that little nest, too?

Erin W. said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the birdies!!!!!! I wish I'd found something so adorable! The nest is sweet, too, if you use it.