Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Life Drawing

I started my life drawing class yesterday.  I've taken this class a few times, but haven't been able to recently because of scheduling conflicts with school.  It's a great class because it's really just model time without any instruction (unless you want it). 

I'm VERY rusty after a few months off, but it was nonetheless wonderful to get back to it.  The human figure is my most favorite of any subject.  I love the complexity of it, the softness of the body, and the way the light gives it form.  For me, both drawing and viewing it evokes more emotion than any other subject can.  I love getting my fingers full of charcoal and zoning out for a couple of hours.  The only problem is that time goes by too fast.  But that's what happens when you're doing what you love...

Anyway, thought I'd post my sketches each week to share (I thought my mom would especially like this) and also to track my own progress through the weeks.  The first are quick sketches - the model moves every couple of minutes - and the subsequent ones are anywhere from approximately 10 to 25 minute sketches.  








No comments: