Thursday, January 8, 2009

Quake!


Yep, we felt it.  An earthquake (5.0 magnitude) occurred just moments ago, at about 7:49 PST.  Looking at the map, we're located just a bit south of where you see Santa Ana, right on the coast.

Joseph, Bodhi, Joshua, and I were sitting on the sofa - while Joseph watched college football and I re-edited chapter 2 of my novel (I've written 5 - chapters, not novels) and polished off a glass of wine - when things started to shake.  It was a gentle rumble, but significant.  I don't know why, but I kind of love earthquakes.  I get this giddy, excited feeling.  (No, it's not the wine, I promise.)  I'm sure I'll change my tune when a scary one hits, but for now I'll enjoy the excitement of them!

Oh, by the way, I've determined that my animals are not of the etho-geological forecasting persuasion.  


No comments: