Sunday, August 16, 2009

Countdown: 258 Days

I'm off to a good start.  Did Jillian's video yesterday.  Thought I was going to throw up and was sore as early as a few hours later.  This morning I was REALLY feeling it.  It's great actually - I'm sore everywhere so I know it's working!

Ran around with Bodhi at the park this morning.  Like I mentioned, Bodhi likes to play with his mama more than with the other dogs, so at 6am I was running around makeup-less, retainer in, and hair unbrushed while the other mamas sat chatting on benches.  (Better to avoid joining in the chatting than to try to carry on a conversation with my retainer in anyhow.) 

Did Jillian's video again.  It felt quite good this time, probably because I needed to warm up and stretch my muscles so badly.

Started reading Julie and Julia last night.  I've had a hard time getting into books lately.  I started two recently and dropped both within the first few chapters.  But this one's pretty good.  I like the premise and think she has a unique voice.  So far it's a bit cliché with all of the woman-pushing-30 angst, but I can understand why she used it so I forgive her.  

Dreading going to see "District 9" tonight.  Yes, I'm being made to see this despite the fact that "The Time Traveler's Wife" came out this weekend.  Oh well.  The things we do for love...

1 comment:

The Gargoyle Times said...

I don't know how you did Jillian's workout two days in a row. We did it on Saturday after taking two weeks off from doing it, and I seriously felt like I got ran over by a train the next day. Today it hurts to sit, stand, do stairs, etc. You are a trooper!