Saturday, August 15, 2009

Other Healthy Stuff

I keep this list on my desk at work to remind me of what I can do every day to keep myself happy and healthy.  These are things I've tried and they really work for me.  And I know if I make them a priority, I will have more luck getting into shape.  

7 Empowering Steps You Can Take In Your Life Right Now
(Taken from one of Deepak Chopra's newsletters)
- Meditate daily
- Know your doshas and understand your mind-body constitution to bring balance into your life (take the dosha quiz here: http://doshaquiz.chopra.com/) 
- Experience nature - touch a natural body of water, walk barefoot on grass, sit under a tree, stand in the rain
- Write a poem (or journal entry or whatever)
- Commit an act of love today, maybe by making amends to someone you've hurt or forgiving someone who hurt you
- Make a powerful decision, even if it's a baby step - throw something away that no longer serves you; wash your car; get rid of paper congestion; clean a closet, a room, or a drawer; give away an item of clothing
- Perform a vital physical practice - go to yoga or pilates, go for a vigorous walk, practice deep breathing, or nourish yourself with a massage 



No comments: