Monday, August 24, 2009

Mondays...

I feel great on Sunday nights.  My house is clean, I'm energized from my weekend workouts, and I made healthy dinners.  And then on Monday morning, a ton of bricks (aka work) hits me and I'm craving sugar, low on energy, and I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day.  

And this all happens before lunchtime.  For example, I get to work today and the building alarm goes off.  Not once, but 4 times.  It's the construction next door that's causing it, but I have to herd employees back into the building, deal with the fire truck that arrives, and have 3 construction guys talk to me like I'm an idiot.  I have to prepare for a meeting at 11, but I'm missing information that someone was supposed to get to me last week.  I spill tea on my pants and then attempt to blot it out with water and create an even bigger stain.  I look at my to-do list and realize how much I didn't complete last week that now needs to be done this week.  It's endless.

So excuse me while I sneak out of work early to go running.


1 comment:

The Gargoyle Times said...

HAHA Work is such a buzzkill after a great weekend! You know no one can relate to this more than me (biggest hater of work EVER)!!