Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend Update

Joseph spent the weekend in San Francisco with his two best friends, Vince and Eric.  They went to the Pearl Jam concert on Friday night, went to the Raiders game the next day, and managed to avoid being murdered by the crackheads outside of their cheap hotel.  

I spent my alone time cleaning.  And I don't mean your basic vacuuming and dusting.  I'm talking throw-piles-of-junk-away cleaning.  I watched that show on TLC called "Hoarders" the other night, and I guess it had an affect on me.  By the end of the weekend, my closets were organized and my pantry shelves were bare.  It felt so good!  

I was feeling SO good, that I took the time to look up some kitchen feng shui.  And what do you know!  Clutter in the kitchen manifests itself as excess weight.  So THAT'S what's been going on!  So weird that I was barely hungry today and usually I'm ravenous.  Coincidence?  I think not.  I can feel the pounds melting away already.

And now for my haul of the weekend.  While at Target for ice cube trays, I wandered into the handbag department and found this Merona tote.  I like the color (a taupey-purple), its loads of compartments, and its structure.  It's no MJ Blake, but not too shabby for $26.99.  What do you think?  



3 comments:

The Gargoyle Times said...

I hate to break it to you, but you don't have enough pounds on you for them to just "melt away"! :-)

And, I always love the purses at Target! That one is really cute!

The Gargoyle Times said...

Oh, and I LOVE Hoarders. Lynn laughs so hard - it's like a comedy to him. Makes it even better to watch! haha

The Djuric's said...

Love love love the new handbag!