Saturday, August 15, 2009

Countdown: 259 Days

It sounds like a long time, but it's really less than 8 months!  There's a whole lotta stuff to get done (and money to save) before the wedding!

Joseph and I are pretty prepared - we've secured all the vendors and we're just making decisions about the details now.  And we started planning our honeymoon!  We have the travel coordinator creating an Italy/Greece itinerary for us.  I can't wait.

But...  I really have to get serious about shaping up now!  Especially if I'm going to be lounging in the sun on Santorini!  

So I figure I can track my progress here, and maybe it'll make me more accountable.  I plan on:
- Incorporating running into my 2 daily walks with Bodhi, or running at the gym or work gym 
- Daily 30-minute shred with Jillian Michaels after evening run w/ Bodhi
- Weight training @ gym (or work gym) 2-3 days/week (probably on weekends)
- Yoga 2-3 days/week 
- Follow my weight watchers plan (only 18 points per day... *sigh*) 
- Lots of veggies and fruit 
- No cereal!  (I swear this is my downfall!  Oatmeal is allowed though.) 
- No snacking mindlessly at work 
- Plan for easy healthy dinners during the week 
- Lots of water and plenty of green tea (should be easy - this is what I already do) 
- Research workout DVDS specifically for arms (gotta look good in that dress!) 

Shooting for 10lbs, but will be happy with a solid 5.  

I already did Jillian's workout today (now have jell-o arms).  And I plan to take Bodhi to the park later where I always run around with him.  (I'm like the only person there who does this, but he only likes to play with me and not the other dogs.  Yes, I'm sure I look like an idiot.) 

Wish me luck!




1 comment:

Erin W. said...

I'll have to use some of these strategies in a couple months. Not sure how I'm going to take Bohdi for walks though...maybe the kids instead?